STF increases its orders with newsletters
– Our newsletter, "Upptäckarbrev", is by far the most important source of traffic for The Swedish Tourist Association, and there is no other single marketing effort that within 10 days can generate up to 9 000 clicks. The Postman newsletter tool is the best of the digital marketing systems we have used so far, says Magnus Westerberg, Digital Marketing Manager at STF.
The Swedish Tourist Association, with its motto "Get to know your country", is one of Sweden's largest membership organisations. A subsidiary of the association sells holidays and hires out cottages. The association primarily uses its e-mail newsletter to promote this business.
There are currently 83,000 e-mail addresses in the association's database and more are added to it every month thanks to the effective procedures for membership registration. "Upptäckarbrevet", as the association's newsletter is called, always gets a good response and has very few cancellations.
Increase in orders after mailings
– We notice a sharp increase in orders when we send out our monthly mailings. It is, of course, the attractiveness of our offers that generate the sales, but the digital newsletter is an excellent channel for reaching out with these offers, says Magnus Westerberg.
Magnus Westerberg wants to stress that the message and the content are the most crucial aspects of effective e-mail marketing.
– E-mail can be a real pain. So you have to be disciplined and not send out ill-advised deals or poor texts. You should never compromise on quality because then you will inevitably end up in your recipients' recycle bins. We try to be creative and therefore manage to keep our subscribers coming back time after time, says Magnus Westerberg.
Useful statistics in Postman
The association makes frequent use of the statistical data that the Postman newsletter tool can generate. In this way, you can always examine which campaigns and promotions have raised the most interest.
– We also have the ability to read off which age groups or regions are interested in a specific offer and, consequently, can segment the mailing for the next time, says Magnus Westerberg.
Details are important in e-mails, Magnus Westerberg thinks. A lot of thought goes into the few letters that get space in the subject field of the e-mail. It is precisely these words that can determine whether the letter is opened or thrown in the recycle bin.
Good support is important
Magnus Westerberg particularly wants to emphasise Paloma's good service in the area of technical support.
– As our solutions are rather complex and integrated with the membership database, we need expert help. Technician Fredrik Berggren at Paloma is a rock in these situations, says Magnus Westerberg.